Sunday, April 24, 2011

be brave



I think the most beautiful thing a person can do is live.

Live outrageously, courageously,

with intention.




There is a difference between those who live and those who exist.

There is a difference in their voice, in their step, in their breath.

Most importantly,

there is a difference in their heart.




They say there are two ways to bring brightness into this world: to be the light, but also to be the mirror that reflects it. I don't think the mirror has to be quieter. I don't think the mirror is any less of light.


Have you seen a disco ball?

It takes the light one step further, one step further into beautiful.




"My life is my message" Ghandi said,

and that is the best message I think one can give.

Live as you intend the world to be, live as you wish people to be, live

and they will follow.




And it will be beautiful.

5 comments:

Moan said...

Your words are always beautiful!!!!

:)

Such an inspiration. Nothing else compares!

Ray said...

Often you know something but you need a certain nudge or push to wake you up and open ur eyes to the truth that uv been blind too all this while.
Thank you for the nudge. I really do need to be brave
<3

Bhakti Omwoods said...

Love your thoughts. I get the discoball -- beautiful and true. Reminds me of a Buddhist thought: "Thousands of candles can be lighted from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared."

Junaluska said...

I feel very inspired now! And ready to be the brightest star. Or a really awesome disco ball.

Regan said...

Your writing is always so stunning!